It’s that time of year again where the air is buzzing with talk of New Year’s resolutions. While most start off strong, it is no secret that our January 1st promises do not always hold throughout the year. Instead of becoming discouraged part way into your resolution, try a new approach to making a change. This year, resolve to revamp your home with the help of the Reliable Pronto 100CH Eco-Friendly Steam Cleaner and Fabric Steamer.
Steam cleaning is the quick, safe, and effective way to rid surfaces of stains and messes, while immediately eliminating germs on contact. This method of cleaning uses no harsh chemicals and therefore is a healthier alternative for both your family and the environment. Since the only ingredient used is water, there is no safer way to clean your home.
While the thought of cleaning does not appeal to most, steam cleaning has provided many reasons for a new outlook on this not-so-fun task. The Pronto 100CH from Reliable is a portable and easily accessible handheld steamer. With a light weight of 2.5 pounds and a quick two-minute heat up time, the inconvenience of cleaning is eliminated, as it is easy to use whenever and wherever it is needed. With 15 different attachments, this handheld steamer is extremely versatile and provides solutions to:
- Mold and mildew removal
- Dissolving grime on windows
- Sanitizing the entire bathroom
- Removing stubborn stains from kitchen counter and sinks
- Garment wrinkle odor removal
- Killing dust mites and beg bugs on contact
Here are a few new resolution ideas that the Pronto will help you keep:
- Get rid of the clutter in your closet by sorting through old clothes to steam and sell to consignment shops
- Stay organized by setting aside 10 minutes each day to steam clean and maintain a consistently clean home
- Avoid those germs and steam clean your bathroom at least once a week
- Amaze your guests and keep grout and tiles looking as good as new
- Prevent that musty closet smell and steam clean your clothes and linens keeping them wrinkle free and odorless
- Keep 2015 chemical free by only using water through steam cleaning
Looking for a New Year’s Resolution that will help you live a healthier life? The answer may be easier than you think! Cleaning products such as bleach and ammonia are commonly found and used in many homes. While most people consider bleach the most powerful product to clean with, they probably do not realize the dangers it can cause in the home. Bleach and other chemical cleaners can irritate skin, eyes, and the respiratory tract. This is damaging to everyone in the home, including children and pets.
Change up your routine, and start 2015 the clean and healthy way by tossing out all of the harsh cleaning chemicals in your home. Safely and easily complete all of your household tasks by steam cleaning.
Steamboy Pro Eco-Friendly 3-in-1 Steam & Scrub Mop
Steam cleaning is a ‘green’ cleaning alternative to harsh chemical products. The only ingredient needed is water! Steaming quickly, yet efficiently, kills 99.9% of common bacteria (including mold) and germs, the natural way. In addition to being safe, steam cleaning is also cost-efficient and time saving. No more trips to the store to buy supplies because when cleaning the safe way, all you need is water!
What’s the secret to creating a sparkling, spick-and-span home for the holidays? Start well in advance to avoid the stress of last minute cleaning! You don’t want to be cleaning right up until the minute guests arrive but where do you start? “One-Minute” Cleaning Expert and Best-Selling Author, Donna Smallin Kuper, offers the following tips to help take the chore out of cleaning, making more time to enjoy the holidays!
- Do like Santa and make a list. Take a quick walk through your home, room by room. Create a checklist of what needs to be done in preparation for guests. Perhaps in the guest room you need to freshen linens or clean out the closet– or get that luggage rack you’ve been meaning to buy. Ready the guest room first and then focus on the rest of the house.
- Set an early deadline. Aim to have your cleaning and everything done a day or two in advance so you are rested, relaxed, and enjoy yourself when guests arrive.
- Declutter first. It’s much easier to clean without clutter in your way. Where do you begin? Start by clearing kitchen countertops. Not only are you going to need extra counter space for food preparation but the kitchen is the hub of holiday activity and decluttering will make your home instantly look neater!
- Keep your floors spotless. With the extra foot traffic and food preparation, you’ll need to clean your floors more often to keep them looking spotless, especially in your kitchen. The Reliable Steamboy PRO 3-in-1 steam and scrub floor mop will make that chore a snap. It heats up in less than 30 seconds, sanitizes your sealed hard floors and freshens your carpets fast– without the use of harsh chemicals. It also has a built-in scrub brush that simultaneously steams and scrubs grout, making tile look like new again. Although no one will be eating off your floor (except maybe your dog), it’s nice to know they will be that clean!
- Get into the spirit of giving. Donate items you no longer use or love, including holiday decorations you haven’t put up in years. Visit www.donationtown.org to find a local charity that will gladly accept your donations.
- Focus on high-traffic areas. If your home is due for a full-home cleaning and you have the time and energy to do it, go for it! Otherwise, save the deep cleaning for after the holidays and focus on cleaning the high-traffic areas such as the kitchen, bathrooms and the living room. Do you have pets? Your home shouldn’t smell like one. Did you know that you can get rid of “eau de dog” and eliminate cat litter odors by steam cleaning? Try the Reliable Pronto 100CH portable steam cleaner and fabric steamer to remove those nasty smells as well as freshen. Continue to put it to work in other troubled areas such as your bathroom and kitchen to steam and sanitize sealed surfaces.
- Clean out your refrigerator. Make room for holiday dishes by emptying out your refrigerator before you go grocery shopping. While you’re at it, you can clean out the pantry and donate any unopened canned and boxed goods to a local food bank.
- Expect the unexpected. Allow for extra time and prepare for the unexpected. For example, you don’t want to begin setting the table only to find the tablecloth wrinkled or that the glasses are spotted minutes before guests arrive. A quick way to eliminate spots on glassware and silverware is to wipe them with a fine-weave microfiber cloth that’s been spritzed with water. A very helpful tool for tackling tablecloths and napkins is the Reliable Sensor Velocity steam iron. The vertical steam feature allows you to easily remove wrinkles from the hanging sides of the tablecloth for added convenience. Set the table a day or two in advance to take care of any surprises (this will also keep your table free of clutter).
- Plan for a mess. You will inevitably have a mess to clean up, so be prepared. Spot clean stains immediately. Do not allow stains to sit on furniture, carpets or clothes overnight. Here’s a tip to clean up the dreaded red wine spill: Blot up as much liquid as you can with a clean, damp white towel and pour 3% hydrogen peroxide on the stain. Cover with a towel and allow to sit overnight with something heavy on the towel to help it absorb the stain.
- Don’t play the martyr. If a guest asks what they can do to help, hand them a dish towel or broom– don’t be shy!
About Donna Smallin Kuper
- Through her own special brand of inspiration and practical tips for “cleaning smarter, not harder”, Donna helps consumers lead happier, cleaner and less stressful lives. Donna’s print books have sold over one million copies worldwide. On December 16th, 2014, Donna launched her new book, “Clear the Clutter, Find Happiness”– just in time for the holidays (available at Amazon)
- As a leading authority on cleaning and one of the organizing industry’s most recognized and respected experts, Donna frequently appears on national television and radio as well as often quoted in major print and online publications (www.unclutter.com).
Like so many things in life, the finished product is a direct result of the tools used to get the job done. Ironing is no different. Your experience will change dramatically when you choose the best tools for the job. For starters, we suggest an iron that produces steam like the ones used by the pros!
WHY IS STEAM SO IMPORTANT?
- Steam is what most garment factories and dry cleaners use to finish garments, so it’s nothing new to the fabric-care world. However, in countries like Italy, France, Germany and Spain, irons that produce an abundance of steam – like ones with a steam generator – are common household items.
- With a steam generator, large and dense volumes of steam are released in much greater quantities than with conventional irons where it’s likely necessary to pre-spray your fabric in order to soften the fibers. In some cases it’s even recommended to throw your clothes or linens into the dryer with a wet towel in order to “hydrate” the fabric.
- With an increased quantity of steam, time-consuming tricks are no longer necessary. The power of an iron with a steam generator puts enough moisture into the fabric so that it can be professionally finished.
HOW DOES STEAM AFFECT CLOTHING FIBERS?
- Steam does the hard work for you. In the past, it was assumed that a heavy iron was best for finishing clothes; it wasn’t uncommon to see irons as heavy as bowling balls! With a high velocity of steam, moisture enters the fabric in a large quantity and effectively softens the fibers. When fibers are soft, they can be laid down flat by the plate on the iron.
DO I REALLY NEED AN IRON WITH HIGH STEAM OUTPUT?
- The truth is that you don’t need to have a high volume of steam to iron but you do need it if you want to save time and have a professional finish.
- By getting more steam into fabric at a faster rate, it can reduce ironing time by as much as 50%. With the fabric properly hydrated, it’s easily shaped, wrinkles quickly flatten out and the whole process can be completed in a fraction of the time than if a conventional iron were used.
WHAT’S ALL THIS REALLY GOING TO DO FOR ME?
- That’s a good question, and it really depends on how much ironing you do.
- For some, a conventional iron is all they need for their wardrobe and lifestyle. For those whose mantra is “Buy well once,” and have made an investment in their clothes, the best approach is gentle home washing with a front load washing machine, then finishing with a quality steam iron and vacuum + blowing table.
- Treat your clothes with the same care that went into selecting them by protecting your investment with a Reliable home ironing system. It will reward you with speedy ironing, clothes that last longer, and clothes that look and feel great.
Tune in to LATalkRadio.com tomorrow, Dec. 3rd at 1 PM PST! Kathy Kaehler (Nationally-Recognized Healthy Living Expert) and Donna Smallin Kuper (“One-Minute” Cleaning/Organizing Expert and Best-Selling Author) will be chatting about cleaning the home for the holidays. Both ladies will explain why they love the Steamboy Pro 3-in-1 Steam and Scrub Floor Mop!
Make sure to listen so you can find out how to win one for FREE along with a copy of Donna’s new book, “Clear the Clutter, Find Happieness”– all tomorrow on “Fit and Sexy for Life!”